Getting ready to call it. 8 years. 8 years, and I’m dropping out.
10 trans actors who weren’t offered Jared Leto’s role in “Dallas Buyers Club.”
This is violence against our community.
It is social violence, for it reinforces, nay, makes explicit the idea that “trans women are men.” If it does NOT say this, then why are there not more cis women being played by cis men in cinema?
It is economic violence as well, for it takes jobs THAT ARE OURS and gives them instead to cis men.
These are just ten CELEBRATED women who could have played that role, who could have had a shot at OSCAR gold tonight. And he took that from them.
FREE CeCe trailer
I lost my shit, I think maybe someone is chopping onions near metears. i can’t wait to watch the whole thing.
THIS IS SO IMPORTANT.
IF YALL DONT SIGNAL BOOST THE FUCK OUT OF THIS.
Watch this trailer. Just do it.
Coping Tool Kit/Calm Box/Self-Care Package: It is often helpful for clients to have a central place to keep items that will help them cope, and to prevent regression after termination. I have clients decorate their box and fill it with anything they feel will help to look back on.
- Distractors: When anxiety first starts to build it is sometimes helpful to do a distractor task to keep anxiety at a more manageable level. Examples are fidgets, sensory activities, puzzles, brain teasers, coloring/drawing materials, etc.
- Coping Tools: Include multiple options of coping tools that help manage anxiety (ex. emotional regulation activities, comforting items, meditation/breathing exercises, etc.)
- Reminders of Supports: Photos and letters from family/friends. Encouraging letters from yourself could also be a nice addition.
- Means of Self-Expression: My view is that use of the box for distraction/coping should be followed by some means of self-expression or processing. Suggestions of items to include are a journal, art supplies/sketch book, etc.
- Resource List: Include a list of community resources, referrals, hotline numbers, etc. incase they become necessary.
- Grounding Techniques: Include a grounding object and a list of a few of your favorite grounding techniques to do when needed. Click here for suggestions.
- Therapy Materials: Interventions, work done in sessions, note from therapist, photos of important sand trays, etc.
- Self-Care: Include self-care items as well as self-care reminders (ex. self-care calendar, goals, etc.)
Does anyone have any other suggestions for what helps you or your clients?
The swinging pendulum of sexism arrives! Ladies, Men can get raped too. Remember that.
Just to put some perspective in this for those people who may be confused at how a guy can get a boner but not really be sexually charged, so to speak…
Ladies, you know how your nipples get hard for seemingly no reason (sans stepping into a cold room anyway)? You go to put on a shirt and your nipples are poking out like they haven’t seen daylight in over 40 years? Or you brush them up against something and BAMMO, nipple town? Or someone slaps you in the tits and they’re standing full mister?
You get where I’m going with this? Your sexual organs are built to respond to stimulus, be it one you personally find sexually gratifying or not. Saying a dude who gets a boner while he’s otherwise not consenting to sex is lying about the fact would be like saying any girl who gets wet while getting raped is actually enjoying it/wants it.
so… you know… dont be stupid about this people. guys can get raped too and girls can most definitely be the fuckin perps.
People who think men don’t get raped are just as bad as the people who think men can’t control their urges to rape women. It happens less often, but it still happens, and it’s just as traumatizing for the male victim. You can’t just disregard a victim based on their gender.
Can we also include that females can rape other females and males can rape other males too?
All of the above.
That one time a post on Tumblr about male rape victims didn’t get shit on at all. The only thing anywhere near bad about this is the insistence that men are raped a lot less often, which is incorrect.